How I first learned...#Mayurasana aka #PeacockPose *There are many variations I've seen in how to get into this arm balance but this was the way I first managed it successfully*
1. From table top, place palms down with fingers pointing back toward knees (thumbs out to sides)
2. Bend your elbows to 90° (my hands are several inches apart but your pinkies and elbows can be touching). *Ladies, you'll have to adjust to let chest fall in and forward-basically cleavage city 😋* Elbows draw in toward one another ( V ) and create a shelf on low ribs and belly (all your weight will rest here so dig those elbows in)
3. Extend legs long (this will change the angle of the elbows but we will adjust in a sec) Play with rocking back and forth on toes.
4. Now pitch your weight forward to bring elbows back to 90° and you'll feel light in your feet. Reach through crown of head
5. Lift one leg and keep reaching forward
6. Roll off planted toe and take flight-the height of your legs can vary A LOT here. Some bodies are parallel and some legs lift high to the sky. *When I was learning I would sometimes fall into my chin and then have to readjust to find that sweet spot. Once you get up the easier it is nail every time and you'll find you can hold longer than just a second or two. Your wrists will fatigued so shake and stretch those babies out 🙌🏻* Let me know how it goes, tag me so I can see, and let me know if I can help in anyway! 💕 Love love, Chels