On October 1, “Items: Is Fashion Modern?” will fill the entire sixth floor of the Museum, exploring fashion thematically through 111 items selected as powerful and enduring manifestations of the ways in which fashion touches everyone, everywhere, in different ways. The exhibition team is curating sightings of these items—ranging from Air Force 1s to the sari—all over the city, and beyond, using #ItemsMoMA. Join in: find the complete list of entries on moma.org/items and start sharing your own images on #ItemsMoMA when you see items on the street.
1. Aaron on the G train wearing a ✔️ beret, NYC, June 21, 2017.
2. Tourists in front of Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture wearing ✔️bucket hats in the evening rain. July 14, 2017
3. Paul Dillinger @padillinger, head of global product innovation at Levi Strauss & Co., wearing ✔️ Y-3 while visiting MoMA, June 19, 2017.
4. Items curatorial team members Michelle Millar Fisher @michellemillarfisher and Anna Burckhardt @annaburckhardt looking over the exhibition model in their ✔️ white t-shirts, June 23.
5. Items curator Paola Antonelli @paolantonelli wearing a ✔️graphic t-shirt by artist #patriciapiccinini, June 23, 2017.
6. Items curator Paola Antonelli @paolantonelli wearing an #Airou ✔️ backpack, July 11, 2017.