Omg drool, who's up for some dreamy blueberry lemon pancakes for dinner? 🙋🏼it's Tuesday and we still have 3 more workdays left so I am going to give you the recipe to these epic pancakes 🥞 to help get you through! They are #vegan , a #nutritionbomb and #delicious , by to mention #guiltfree !
- 2 cups of whole wheat bread flour or oat flour or 1 cup of whole wheat and 1 cup of white flour if you prefer
- 1 banana with 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 medium lemon zest
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds and 3 tbsps water to make a flax egg
- 1 cup blueberries (preferably fresh but frozen works too)
- 1.5 to 2 cups of water or plant based milk (almond, oat, soya, cashew)
1. Mix 1 tbsp ground flax and 3 tbsps water in a small bowl or cup and leave sit for 5-10 minutes till it gels up to mimic an egg and set aside.
2. Blend banana with 1/3 cup water until smooth to substitute sugar and set aside.
3. Next add all dry ingredients into a large bowl (flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and mix.
4. Mix all wet ingredients together (banana mixture, vanilla, water/ plant based milk) and mix until combined.
5. Create a well in your flour and pour the wet ingredients into the well along with the flax egg mixing until combined and a pancake batter forms, you want it more runny then cookie dough but less runny than soup.
6. Add your blueberries and lemon zest. Add a bit more water or milk if needed 1-2 tbsps at a time.
7. Cook on a non-stick pan or a #rockpan which is my favourite. And flip the pancakes when you see bubbles starting to form in the centre of the flapjack and the slides look like they are cooking and beginning to become solid.
I like to top with chia seeds, banana, walnuts and agave nectar 🌱♥️😘🥞
REMEMBER! A thicker batter will create more cake like pancakes and a thinner batter will create more traditional pancakes or even crepes! Enjoy! #plantbased #plantpower #plantprotein #veganpancakes #vegancooking #veganrecipes #nobulljustplants #pancaketuesday #pancakeseveryday #pancakestack #happytuesday