Woah. Just - WOAH.
Monday. Salad. 😂 N xx ❤️
PS Thanks so much for the Netflix recommendations! Started on Outlander. I’m seeing potential. And 👀 🍬 <— Can you decipher? 😜
SALTED CARAMEL TART | Serves 14 - 16
225 g / 8 oz plain sweet biscuits (Arnott’s Marie Crackers, Graham Crackers, see note for Digestives)
150 g / 5 oz unsalted butter , melted (see note for Digestives)
100 g / 7 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup / 200g (packed) brown sugar
2 cans condensed milk (395g / 14oz each)
1 3/4 tsp salt (2 ½ - 3 tsp salt flakes)
Chocolate Ganache Topping:
1/3 cup heavy/thickened cream
150 g / 5 oz dark chocolate melts / chips
Sea salt flakes, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 160C/320F. Grease and line the base only of a tart tin with a loose base.
2. Whizz biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Or use ziplock bag and rolling pin.
3. Pour crumbs into a bowl, add melted butter, mix until it looks like wet sand, press into tin. Transfer to tray, bake 12 min, then cool until firm to touch.
4. Caramel: Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, whisk, once it starts bubbling, add condensed milk, whisking as you go. Whisk constantly until you see steam, add salt, pour into tart.
5. Bake for 15 min or until the edges of the caramel surface is golden, still soft in middle. Cool.
6. Chocolate Ganache: Microwave cream and chocolate 2 x 30 sec, stir until smooth. Set aside for 10 min to thicken slightly, pour over caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
7. Refrigerate for 1 ½ hrs to allow chocolate to set. Then remove and bring to room temperature before slicing to serve.
Note: Digestives are great for the crumb, BUT reduce butter to 75g / 5 tbsp because they are much more buttery.
#recipetineats #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting #TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram #recipevideo #saltedcaramel #chocolatetart