Hope you all had a fab weekend! Here’s a quick meal to start off the week, fab for tossing in whatever veggies you have on hand! N xx ❤️
Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles | Serves 2
150 - 180 g/ 5 - 6 oz chicken breast , cut into thin strips
1 tsp cornflour / cornstarch + 1 tsp oil (optional coating to keep moist)
2 tbsp oyster sauce (or sub with Hoisin)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp each sesame oil, sugar (optional)
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Shoaxing wine) or sub with chicken broth/stock
1/4 tsp white pepper (or black pepper)
3 tbsp water
100 g / 3.5 oz dried rice noodles
1 tbsp oil
1 garlic clove , finely chopped
1 small onion , sliced
1/2 bunch choy sum or other Asian greens, stems separated from leaves
1/2 red capsicum / bell pepper , sliced
1 carrot , peeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced on the diagonal
5 - 7 mushrooms , sliced
Sesame seeds and finely sliced green onions/scallions , optional
1. Mix chicken, cornstarch and oil in a bowl.
2. Mix Sauce ingredients in a bowl.
3. Just before cooking, soak noodles in hot water per packet directions, then drain.
4. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
5. Add garlic and onion, cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add chicken, cook for 1 minute until it changes colour from pink to white.
7. Add carrot, Choy Sum stems and capsicum. Cook for 1 minute.
8. Add mushrooms, cook for 30 seconds.
9. Add noodles, Choy Sum leaves and Sauce. Toss for 1 minute until leaves have wilted and Sauce has evaporated. Don't toss for more then 1 1/2 minutes - noodles may break.
10. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions then serve immediately.