TIP 18 – MY FAVOURITE ESSENTIAL OILS AND THEIR BENEFITS
As a continuation of my previous TIP, I am going to provide a list of the most common health benefits and the best essential oils that can provide that specific benefit:
1. Balance of hormonal levels – Rosemary, Frankincense, Bulgarian Rose, Clary Sage, Peppermint, Thyme, Sandalwood, Lavender, German Chamomile
2. Boost immunity – Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Grapefruit, Cinnamon, Carrot Seed
3. Fight bacteria & infections – Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Cinnamon, Thyme, Lavender, Palmarosa, Lemongrass, Geranium, Citronella, Cedarwood
4. Aid digestion and/or improve appetite – Peppermint, Ginger, Fennel, Coriander, Patchouli
5. Boost energy levels – Lemon, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Citronella, Tangerine, Rosemary
6. Aid healing processes – Lavender, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Oregano, Rosemary, Carrot Seed, Geranium
7. Improve brain functions (mainly cognitive functions) – Rosemary, Peppermint, Lemon, Lavender, Grapefruit
8. Reduce anxiety, stress & improve sleep – Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Chamomile, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Marjoram
9. Alleviate pain – Eucalyptus, Lavender, Chamomile, Rosemary, Clary Sage
10. Improve hair health – Rosemary, Cedarwood, Peppermint, Clary Sage, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lavender, Ylang Ylang
11. Good for babies – you should never, never apply EOs directly onto your baby’s skin. The safest way is to use them in diffusers: Lavender, Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Dill, Fennel
There are three main ways of using these oils: (i) topically when mixed with carrier oils, (ii) aromatically when used in diffusers and (iii) ingestion (Nb – this is not my area of expertise and I do not recommend drinking any of the oils I mentioned above). To avoid skin irritations, I would suggest that before applying Eos to your skin to perform a patch test.
What are your favourite essential oils and why?
#organicskincare, #greenbeauty, #naturalcosmetics, #crueltyfreebeauty, #noninvasiveskincare, #essentialoils, #instaskincare, #beautyambassador, #slowaging, #beautyclinic, #cleanbeauty, #selfcare, #ecobeaut, #skinbeauty, #doha , #cultbeauty, #antipollution, #holisticlifestyle, #citylife, #aromatherapy