GET THE FACTS ABOUT UTERINE FIBROIDS
Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors of the muscle layers of the wombs. - Fibroids are usually not malignant, that is usually they are not cancer.
- fibroids vary in size, they may also increase in size.
- the exact cause of fibroid is unclear, however it is linked with increased estrogen levels. - it is more likely to develop when a woman is taking birth control pills that contains estrogen. - when estrogen level is low example during or after menopause, fibroids usually shrinks.
- Genetic factors are also implicated.
- most people with fibroids experience no symptoms.
- However when they do experience symptoms, it may include excessive and painful uterine bleeding that may lead to fainting, low back pain, constipation, leg swelling, frequent urination.
- fibroid may be linked with infertility and repeated miscarriages.
- Treatment may not be necessary if one is not experiencing symptoms.
- medical treatments are conservative management, they help to relieve the symptoms but do not take away or remove the fibroid.
- The definitive treatment for a fibroid is surgery.
You have some questions about fibroid, some things you think fibroids are and need clarifications, you may ask in the comment box below.👇
#healthtalks #Fibroids #healthmatters #medicine #obsterics #gynaecology