Yes I ate a two pound donut yesterday in one sitting and while doing so I chronicled my day in stories to share with you all how you can fit crazy treats like this into your lifestyle. Here's my tips:
1. Get up early to get your body moving and metabolism prepped for what's to come. Do your workout before taking on the beast. (I did a back and biceps workout pre-donut)
2. Drink water like it's going out of style. For real. Your digestive track will thank you for this. And while we are talking about digestive track- throw down a probiotic too
3. Have a high protein breakfast. In my case I was about to have a carb and fat overload so I had egg whites for breakfast. Do not skip that meal!
4. Keep moving. Even with sitting in the car for 7 hours yesterday I still managed to get 12,000 steps in. How? I ran in place any chance I got. Including during part of the donut devastation lol
5. Keep on drinking water! Seriously I can't stress this enough. Post ingestion of the beast keep that water flowing. You don't want that donut or whatever you chose to eat to hang out in you and make a home there
6. Keep your protein up the rest of the day. You want to help your body balance out the sugars you just abused it with lol
7. Finish off with another workout if you can. Ideally I'd have lifted that morning and done cardio after. I didn't have time thanks to my kids 100 activities but in a perfect world I'd have done a 20/30 minute cardio session .
I hope these tips help you for some treats in without ruining your fitness progress! Hmmm I may feel a blog post coming on ;)