Coziness is something that should not be exclusive to the weekends, amiright? The weeks are long and taxing for us college students, which means we ought to take every chance we get to make ourselves calm, collected, and comfortable. What better way to do that than with a nutritious, delicious, seasonal soup! And a recipe that’s quick and easy enough for a weeknight to boot.
- 1 small squash, cubed (1-inch)
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 large white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Roast squash, carrots, onion (just leave halved, no need to chop), and garlic in a pan at 350F (convection) for 40 minutes. You don’t need to drizzle with olive oil for roasting, but you can if you prefer.
2. Remove from oven and place in blender along with remaining ingredients.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Add more vegetable stock if you prefer soup to be thinner.
5. Reheat in pot if necessary.
Another great thing about soup is that there’s no better excuse for eating some freshly baked bread. If you try this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments!
Photograph and recipe by @carefromwithin 🙏🏽