2016 proved to be a challenging year in a lot of ways, but here is just a taste of the collaborations and celebrations that made 2016 so incredible for Bliss Productions:
1. The Women & Wellness event, where I (gulp) told my story of living with depression and anxiety in support of CMHA. Photo by Johanna Matthews.
2. The Bridal Show in partnership with Connie Baird of Party Time Rentals. Photo by Portraits by Johanna.
3. The first annual Local Love Truro awards with my partner in crime, Michelle McCann of Bold and Italic Social Communications at the Marigold Cultural Centre.
4. The second annual Grown Up Prom with Karen Baillie of Elegant Steps and Michelle McCann of Bold and Italic.
5. The debut of my new play: 'Ain't It Funny' during this year's Truro One-Act Play Festival with this incredible crew of professionals: Catherine, André, Gracie, Darlene and Sacha (and Melissa with her crew of dancers from Cobequid Dance Academy).
6. The second annual Showcase Truro Film Festival where I was reunited with my pal Jessica Brown and had the pleasure of meeting the fabulous Jackie Torrens (among other incredible local talent behind the scenes and on the screen).
7. My second time as Marketing Coordinator of the host committee for Music Nova Scotia's Nova Scotia Music Week, joined by Nick, Craig, Miriah, Jennifer, Melanie, Raissa and Angela.
8. The beginnings of a new, exciting collaboration with my good friends Rebecca Taylor of Espresso Public Relations, Michelle McCann of Bold and Italic and Jaime Oudemans of Clay Cafe.
9. Wrapping up the successful calendar year of Women's Social Network receptions with a limited edition 'Merry Blissmas' candle made especially for me by the talented Rebecca Taylor of Pearl & Daisy.
And, like I said, this is only a taste... All of this happened while taking on the exciting new temporary role of Special Events and Culture Coordinator with Truro Parks Recreation Culture and having the opportunity to contribute to some of the great events that are taking place in the @townoftruro.
Cheers to a stellar 2017, all!
#LocalLoveTruro #LivingYourBliss #NSMW2016