It’s #NationalFirePreventionWeek and having a practiced plan in place in case of a fire could save your family’s life. We’ve listed some tips below to help make sure you are prepared. .
1. Install and maintain a working smoke alarm outside of every sleep area and remember to change the battery at least once a year.
2. Designate two escape routes from each bedroom and practice them regularly.
3. Teach everyone the "Stop, Drop, and Roll" technique in case clothing catches on fire.
4. Avoid storing old mattresses in the home or garage.
5. Teach kids that matches, lighters and candles are tools, not toys. If you suspect that a child is playing with fire, check under beds and in closets for telltale signs like burned matches. Matches and lighters should be stored in a secure drawer or cabinet. #npfa #insurance #fireprevention #firesafety #safety1st #relationshipsmatter #byarswright