Earth day is very special to me. When I was in elementary school, it wasn't very widely celebrated (just in a small little group I belonged to). When I was in high school, I tried to integrate it by selling baby trees in my school, and lots of people bought and planted them. Now, I see so many people posting about Earth Day and professing their love for the dirt beneath our feet. People are cleaning the shorelines, people are living zero waste, people are going vegan/eating less meat. People are living in love. Although we have caused such incredible damage to our Earth, I am overjoyed with the steps individuals and companies have made to honour this planet. If you are concerned about the environment but don't know where to start, here are some tips to start integrating today:
1. Cut down on meat consumption (less meat= less cows= less toxic farts 💩)
2. Make your own personal care products and cleaning products (cut the chemical pollution and BONUS POINTS BECAUSE YOU SAVE $$$)
3. Use reusable things (coffee mugs, water bottle, shopping bags, feminine hygiene products, take out utensils, STRAWS, etc)
4. Don't be an obnoxious asshole to others because they are taking their time integrating changes (i.e. don't hate on vegetarians because they're not vegan and don't hate on someone with a plastic cup because ugh plastic). Be an example, not a twat. Believe it or not, this method works way better and nobody's feelings get hurt.
5. Go outside and feel Mother Earth surrounding you. You are nature and nature is you. This is our home. This is our Earth. Our species needs to stop thinking we are the only ones who use this planet. 🌍🌎🌏