Dr. Sam’s Healthy Hints:
NERVES- NOT JUST FOR PAIN:
Guys, of all of the nerves in the body, only 10% ‼️‼️of the nerve fibers comprise PAIN fibers, with the other 90% utilizing the motor and sensory functions of the body. It is very common for many of my patients who present to my office to be surprised and even shocked when we uncover that the “pain that started last week” has actually been building inside and getting progressively worse over the last few months, even years, prior to the appearance of pain.
Like an onion, we then begin to peel back the layers, addressing one compensatory issue after the other until we are able to focus solely on the root cause of the problem and thus, able to give the patient the resolution, not simply “the band-aid”, for their problem. ✳️NOTE: When it comes to nerve irritation and inflammation, look for other symptoms, NOT JUST PAIN, such as:
✅muscle tightness and soreness, ✅quicker fatigue when engaging in physical activity, ✅changes in system functions like indigestion or bowel movements, ✅numbness and tingling in the hands or the feet.
These signs could be an early signal that something is irritating the nervous system and thus causing a disturbance to the proper nerve flow in the body, so be sure to be aware of your body’s signals for help and save yourself the hardship of the detrimental effects of chronic stress to the nervous system.
#nerves #nervoussystem #chiropractic #chiropracticcare #stress #structuralstress #nerveirritation #inflammation #healthyliving #drsamshealthyhints #drrassoul #alignchirocare