Walking through the many lights of Vancouver's entertainment district. ✌️
Woodwards! This "W" has been a hallmark of Vancouver's skyline for decades. The original "W" dating back to 1944 is on display at the entrance to the mixed-use buildings that replaced the original department store which existed here since 1903. Prior to the "W", a rotating beacon (like a lighthouse) was installed. However it was turned off during WW2 because it could be used by enemy aircraft as a guide for attacks on Vancouver.