1. Buy all the Betty Crocker supplies. Clean out freezer so there is room for cake.
2. Bake the wrong cake (triple chocolate fudge)
3. Cake breaks apart as soon as you touch it (even though cooked to completion)
4. Go back to store the next day and buy just plain chocolate cake mix
5. Cook perfect cake
6. Freeze cake for 5 hours
7. Cut out template (cut template smaller cause it doesn't fit on board I made from cardboard box I cut up and then covered in foil)
8. Take frozen solid cake out of freezer
9. Cut out cake pieces using template
10. Lay pieces in board
11. Refreeze till solid again
12. Mix black food coloring into chocolate frosting
13. Attempt to crumb coat cake, having to keep refreezing the cake because pieces keep breaking off as you ice)
14. Once crumbcoated put in freezer for 15 minutes to set icing (or if it's already 2 in the morning, go to bed and leave cake in freezer overnight.)
15. Wake up find that mom ate rest of the chocolate frosting with cake scraps
16. Remix new chocolate frosting with black food coloring.
17. Look at picture of dog, attempt to ice with white and block frosting to look like your dog.
18. Freeze to set again
19. Get out Mini York Peppermint Patties for nose, extra mini junior mints for eyes, fruit roll up for collar, butterscotch disc for tag, and airhead for tongue.
20. Assemble features on your dog
21. Serve and enjoy! Or if it's already 7:30pm and you are stuffed from dinner, stick cake back in freezer to enjoy for tomorrow!
#NailedIt #NailItOrFailIt #Process #Baking #HomemadeIsh #BettyCrocker #BostonTerrier #DogsOfInstagram #Yummy #ThatsTooManySteps #WhyDidThisTake3DaysToMake #OhThatsWhy