What did He finish? See the many descriptions of His victory and the completed purpose of His life:
• For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:3-4).
• And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross (Colossians 2:13-14).
• He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13-14).
• For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17 NLT).
• He gave His life voluntarily: No one can take my life from me. I lay down my life voluntarily, for I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also the power to take it back again (John 10:18). This reminds us that Jesus had the power to avoid the cross. He had the power at any moment to subdue His persecutors and walk away from the cross. So while it was physical nails that pierced His hands and feet, in reality it was His trust in God and His love for us that bound Him to the cross.
• His mission is complete and He is confident that His spirit will be welcomed and safe in God’s presence, despite the darkness and aloneness of His suffering, now that He has overcome the sin that separates from God. -WJ/lrk
search for a deeper understanding of Jesus’ sacrifice
His selfless love
His willingness to forgive
His powerful drive to do the will of God#VisionSpringMagazine#newapostolicchurchvisionnewsletter#newapostolicinternational.#NACUS