So, as promised, here are my recommendations for learning language! And my favorite translations courtesy of @duolingo 😂
1) @duolingo DUOLINGO!!! It's a free app that basically works by translation, so it really only gets you to an A1 level, but it's still a great start! And on the computer they explain grammar!!! 💖
2) @memrise MEMRISE!!! It's the absolute best for travel, as it teaches you the most useful phrases first!!! This has probably been the most helpful for my Russian, and even taught me new things in German (and I have my B1!) both apps are great for memorizing gender 😅😅😅 and for English learners they have TONS of stuff!
3) TAKE COURSES!!! Honestly, once you're done with these apps, they only go so far, it's important to take at least one structured course to get a hang of the grammar! Just find cheaper ones 😁
4) italki! If you can't go to the country this is your next best bet to talking with natives, and teachers at that!!! 💕
5) cooljugator.com - when it comes to grammar, this is an absolute life saver. I need to start using it for Russian, but it's so extremely helpful & super cool! And they have SO MANY LANGUAGES!!!
6) TV/Film/YouTube - it's really important to find stuff in your target language you enjoy! I'm still searching for Russian & Swedish (give me your recommendations if you have any!) but thankfully #DARK just came out and I've been binge watching that on repeat for weeks! And I'm a huge fan of french film & music, so there's no shortage of media to consume there! But it's really important to get exposed to the accents and just how the language is spoken in general, and this is the next best way outside of going to the country (which you should, too!)
7) SPEAK! Actually speak. This is advice I actually don't take myself, and I should, because those who speak have a much greater understanding of the language than I do, with less study time! So, just get out there and try to speak as much as you can! It helps more than pretty much anything else!
And finally... study every day! For a few minutes, a half hour, hours, whatever, don't let the language leave your mind!
#language #languagelearning #duolingo #polyglot #iamnot #multilingual