One of the days I so much looked forward to had so much potential... to be awful:
1. I got 비'd on. ㅋㅋㅋ, could be my worst joke ever.
2. Google maps granted isn't very accurate here in Korea but usually gets me to the right area. Lesson: Don't rely on it to take you to a specific building...ended up taking the train away only to walk back to where I started. The expression I used was, "My pants feel like the rain forest." And yes, I've been to a rain forest.
3. My dear friend ended up getting caught in traffic. I'm exaggerating when I say it took her hours, but we both had such busy days we hadn't eaten yet. The silver lining was because Google redirected me she still beat me to our meeting point.
4. In the process of looking for me on foot, she threw her keys in the gutter, ㅋㅋㅋ.
After hitting that low, the day quickly turned around:
1. We found her keys,
2. Ate the best KBBQ I've ever had,
3. Got my hair cut and a massage for less than $15. Plus the stylist gave me free product, since it my first trip back to the homeland, wished me a great time and hopes of only meeting great people.
4. Got special treatment from a bar owner. Found three amazing drinks: crafted bubbly makkeoli, red rice alcohol, and some crazy little drink from jeju. I'm not even going to try to describe them because there's nothing like them in the US.
5. Got 비'd on the way home, too. This time I was carrying an umbrella. 🙂
Check out Moon and Lovers if you are in Itaewon. The owners are super sweet.
#아재개그 #Rain #비 #날씨
#LoveYourFriends #친구랑 #LoveYourLife .
#건대역 #KBBQ #고기 #차돌박이 #꽃살 #먹자 #같이먹자 #맛있어 #맛집 #단백질 #Protein #탐구 #Explore #발견 #Discover #혼자여행 #JustWanderingAround #NoPlans .
#MoonAndLovers #Itaewon #이태원