A little trot around the lake this morning #moodyskies but #beautifulscenes
Good Luck to all Running London Marathon tomorrow- few tips:
1) If you train to HR this is the time to stick to HR not pace- in the heat following pace will lead to early exhaustion
2) Start drinking Electrolytes today and through tomorrow morning- if possible take some with you- sodium helps you to absorb more water into the muscles- we can only absorb a certain about of fluid per hour and so above this you’ll just feel it swishing around your stomach
3) In the heat we use our glycogen stores quicker and its harder to replace as glucose uptake is slower- maintain your HR and also consider taking fuel on earlier than you would normal
4) Smile, soak up the atmosphere and have fun
5) Let me know if like me you cry when you go over Tower Bridge!