Intensive barista training from $180 covering Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced in 3 hours.
by Jonathon Sciola Guest Frounder @promisedlandcoffee, coffee judge, barista trainer. ☕
Basic Introduction to Espresso Equipment
Electric Dosing Grinder
Manual Chamber Grinder
Volumetrics vs non-Volumetrics
Heat Exchange vs Dual Boiler
Espresso Machine Parts
Works as a whole
Hot Clean and Dry
Portafilter, baskets, screens, groups.
Drip Tray, underneath drip tray.
Beverage Sizes (See Handout) ☕
Setting a Coffee Recipe
Dialing in for taste
Dialing in for strength
Dialing in for extraction percentage
30 minutes of COACHING making SHOTS of espresso
30 minutes of COACHING steaming milk
Introduction to EXTRACTION
Strength cupping session
Multitasking / talking with customers
Cleaning and restocking ☕
An opportunity to make a complete beverage
Optional: Coffee Competency Audit
Advanced: Dialing in in 2 minutes.
Further reading will be given to take home ☕
Promised Land Coffee
FRAMEWORK ● Perception, quality, hireability ● Milk quality ○ Texture ○ Integration ● My preference ○ Symmetry ○ Taste ○ Integration ● Milk Patterns (as opposed to latte art) ○ Practice in your own time. ○ Youtube
1. WHAT - heat, stretch, mix, texture, split, pour.
a. Portion according to beverage
1. Start with great milk of the required portion
2. Start medium distance
3. Maintain steady medium speed
4. When cup half full (stop)
5. Come in close with spout almost touching (wiggle optional)
6. Pour into the BULLSEYE of the cup at a high angle.
7. When just almost empty, raise the lip of the jug to thin out milk stream and SWIPE