#LGBTQ portrayals in #IndianCinema
1. #Aligarh : The true story of Ramchandra Siras, a Marathi Professor at Aligarh Muslim University, who was suspended for being gay and later found dead. Written and edited by @apurva_asrani
2. #Mitraa : #RaviJadhav's Mitra is one of the 4 short films from the movie Bioscope. It is based on the great playwright Vijay Tendulkar's 1987 Marathi play "Mitrachi Gosht". Mitra depicts the mental/emotional/physical struggle of Sumitra who is questioning her sexuality and challenging the then conservative society norms.
3. Margarita with A Straw: A rebellious young woman with cerebral palsy (starring Kalki Koechlin) leaves her home in India to study in New York, unexpectedly falls in love, and embarks on an exhilarating journey of self-discovery.
4. LOEV : The film stars Dhruv Ganesh and Shiv Pandit as two friends who set off for a weekend trip. It focuses on their complex emotional and sexual relationship. Too complex tbh.. Also stars Siddharth Menon in an endearing role.
5. Angry Indian Goddesses : This movie deals with a wide range of women centric issues.. But the Coming out of Closet scene is just too cute to be ignored.. Other Mentions:
6. Kapoor and Sons: Fawad Khan starred as one of the brothers who is estranged from the family comes back for his grandpa's 100th birthday.. Later revealed that he's gay.
7. Padmavat : relationship portrayed by Ranveer Singh and Jim Sarbh