🍊 Whole orange & almond cake with spiced syrup🍊 Here is the recipe for those who wanted to try it! I had to freeze some to stop from eating it all yesterday. 🙊 Enjoy!
Whole orange and almond cake 👇🏼
* 200g unsalted butter
* 1 washed, whole, unpeeled orange cut into quarters * 3 eggs
* 100g coconut sugar
* 200g gluten free self-raising flour
* 100g almond meal
* 35g orange juice
Spiced syrup 👇🏼
* 80g water
* 80g orange juice
* 2 tsp honey
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon * 1/2 tsp ground cardamom * 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
* 1 star anise
* Zest of 1 orange
* preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line springform cake tin (20cm).
* Blend butter and orange quarters until completely blitzed. * Add remaining cake ingredients and blitz until well combined. * Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 60mins, allow to cool for a while before removing tin.
* For syrup - mix all ingredients together then cook for 10 mins on med-high heat stirring regularly. * Cool, strain and set aside. * Poke holes in top of cake with a skewer and pour syrup over in intervals allowing it to absorb into the cake.
* Slice and devour! 😋