HEALTHIER VEGAN BAKALAVA .
A Very popular and delicious Mediterranean dessert, BAKALAVA! But not just any bakalava.... VEGAN BAKALAVA! This treat is healthier than your traditional bakalava because there is no butter and no refined sugar. Instead, you get brain boosting coconut oil and lower glycemic coconut sugar
1 package of thin Fillo Dough
1 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup crushed unsalted pistachios
3 cups coconut sugar
1) Add coconut sugar to a sauce pan
2) fill the saucepan with water so it's about an inch above the water, and let it boil until you get a little thinner than a maple syrup consistency. Add in the juice of half a lemon
3) let cool completely on fridge .
For bakalava... .
1) preheat oven to 375 °F
2) grease a baking dish with coconut oil
3) open up the filli dough and layer 2 sheets on the bottom of the pan
4) with a silicone brush, thinly brush a layer of coconut oil on the fillo dough. Make sure to get corners
5) layer another 2 sheets of fillo dough on top
6) repeat steps 4 and 5 until you are half way through your sheets. You may or may not finish all your coconut oil
7) evenly spread the pistachios on top
8) repeat steps 4 and 5 until you are out of fillo dough
7) bake for 20-30 minutes until golden
8) pour cold syrup evenly over the hot bakalava. Refridgerate and serve cold
#vegan #veganfood #veganfoodshare #plantbased #poweredbyplants #whatveganseat #ulimatevegan #veganeats #dessert #guiltfreedessert #healthy #healthydessert #bakalava #veganbakalava #Mediterraneandessert #Mediterraneanfood #govegan