Mazuri Callitrichid Diet #5IM5 is an easy-to-prepare callitrichid diet designed to support a variety of feeding regimes for insectivorous primates. This primate food is shipped as a powder that is designed to be made into a gel prior to feeding. Mazuri gel diets are highly palatable and have a long shelf life in the powder form.
- Convenient powder
- Mixes with hot water to form a palatable soft moist product.
- Contains stabilized vitamin C
- Longer shelf life.
- Contains natural vitamin E
- Highly available form of vitamin E.
- Palatable diet - Supports the feeding of other food items.
- Meets NRC Non-Human Primate recommendations
- For vitamins, minerals.
Crude protein not less than 20.0% Crude fat not less than 7.0% Crude fiber not more than 4.0% Ash not more than 7.0% Moisture not more than 12.0%
Packaging size: 200 grams & 500 grams
- Mazuri Callitrichid Gel Diet can be fed in combination with fruit, vegetables, browse or other food items. Care should be taken when using supplemental dietary ingredients to ensure that nutrient recommendations are assessed.
- Feed intake will vary based on age, body size and reproductive status.
- A targeted level would be 2.5%-3.0% powder per kg of animal by body weight per day (never feed dry powder without combining with water).
1. Mix, by weight, 60% boiling (or at minimum180oF) water to 40% Mazuri Callitrichid Gel Diet, or for a more firm product use 50% boiling water to 50% powder.
2. Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool
3. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
#mazuri #marmoset #callitrichidae #tamarins #pygmy #insectivoreprimate