Swipe⬅️⬅️⬅️ Finally had a second to really put the time into making my new skates MY skates. It’s a bit of a read but I figured it shows a variety of repairs, options, and different ideas we offer
1. Installed Bauer edge holders. I like to carry a couple sets of steel just in case. These are obviously the easiest way to do that.
2. Tydan blades DLC coated steel. Far and away best steel I’ve ever used. Profiles to a #maximumedge 981 with a 7/8” hollow.
3. Custom orthotic insoles. I have pretty “normal” feet but they make a huge difference in terms of comfort. Highly recommend especially if your insurance covers them.
4. Lace locks. These are simple little thing that makes it really easy to tighten the bottom, keeping my foot in place. While letting me leave the top looser to allow for ankle mobility.
5. Last but not least a crispy set of white waxed laces from the boys at Howies.
#skatesharpening #skateprofiling #skaterepair #customskates #winnipeg #hockey