Kulfi, a traditional Indian Ice Cream, is a popular frozen dessert from the Indian subcontinent. It is one of the most popular desserts in the Indian restaurants around the world. While similar to ice cream, it is different it that it is denser and creamier. Kulfi, these days, like every other savoury out there, are available in various varieties like Malai kulfi, rose kulfi, cardamom kulfi, etc. Though Kulfi’s are traditionally prepared in kulfi moulds, they are also prepared in Matka’s these days, giving them the name Matka Kulfi. Here is a simple recipe on how to prepare Matka Kulfi.
Milk - 1/2 litre
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Soak Saffron in warm milk
Garnish it with pistachios & saffron
Few Badams/Almonds (soaked overnight)
Few Cashew nuts
Peppercorns - 4 no.
Pinch of Saffron
Sugar - 3 Tsp.
Milk - 2 Tbsp.
1. Boil ½ litre of milk in a huge pan until the milk reduced to half.
2. Soak some almonds overnight and carefully remove the peals.
3. Add the peeled soaked almonds, some cashew nuts, pistachios, peppercorns, cardamom seeds, a pinch of saffron, and sugar in a mixer jar.
4. Grind to a fine powder.
5. Pour 2 Tbsp. of milk to the ground powder and grind again to get a smooth paste.
6. Add this paste to the boiling milk.
7. Add ¼ cup of sugar to the milk and let it boil for 15 minutes.
8. Soak some saffron in warm milk and add this to the milk.
9. Let it boil until it becomes creamy.
10. Let the mixture cool.
11. Now, add the mixture to a small Matka (pot) and garnish with some pistachios and saffron.
12. Cover the top with a foil paper.
13. Freeze it for 8 hours at least or overnight.
14. Remove the foil paper.
15. Matka Kulfi is ready to be served!
#food #homecooking #foodporn #foodgasm #nom #nomnom #eatingfortheinsta #chefmode #foodie #instafood #instayum #instadaily #healthyfood #instagram #matka #kulfi #matkakulfi #dessert #sweet #desserts