Mexican Lasagna by @wearesovegan 💛
Serves 6 people:
1 onion diced
1 red pepper diced
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
chili seasoning (packet)
2 tins black beans (rinsed and drained)
260 g tinned sweetcorn
2 tins chopped tomatoes
jalapeño peppers sliced
100 g vegan cheese grated
large handful of tortilla chips crushed
handful of cilantro
oil for frying
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place a little oil in a pan on a medium heat and fry the onions for around for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the garlic, pepper and chili seasoning, and fry for a further two minutes.
4. Then transfer the beans, tinned tomatoes and tinned sweetcorn to the pan, and heat through for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Spoon 3-4 large spoonfuls of the chilli mix into your lasagna dish. Spread out the mixture so it covers the bottom of the dish, then cover with two tortillas. Repeat this step for another two layers of tortillas, finishing with a layer of the chili mixture.
6. Place a few slices of jalapeños on top of the chili mixture.
7. Sprinkle with vegan cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Top with coriander and enjoy.