Made these macadamia Anzac biscuits just in time for Anzac Day! Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside 🤤Here's the recipe if you want to try and make them 👇
• 1 cup plain flour
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 125g unsalted butter, chopped
• 2 tablespoons golden syrup
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 160 °C.
2. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl add flour, rolled oats, coconut, macadamia nuts and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
4. Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan. Stir over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
5. Combine water and soda in a small jug. Stir into butter mixture, pour this into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
6. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Arrange on trays (about 5cm apart to allow room for spreading) and flatten gently with a fork.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Hope you enjoy ✌️ Xx