made a big batch of this hearrrrty beefless stew over the weekend as an easy side dish to pack for lunches!! 🔥recipe below 😌
Ingredients * 1½ large onions, chopped into ¾-inch pieces (about 3c)
* 3 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise & cut into ¾-inch pieces (about 2¼c)
* 3 ribs celery, cut into ¾-inch pieces (about 1c)
* 2 medium portabellas, cut into ¾-inch pieces (about 4c)
* 1½ tbsp finely chopped garlic (~ 6 medium cloves)
* 5c water
* 2lb white potatoes, peeled & cut into ¾-inch chunks (about 6c)
* ⅓ c tomato paste (half of a 6-oz can)
* 1 tbsp dried Italian herb seasoning
* 1 tbsp paprika
* 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
* 1½ c cooked peas (if frozen, rinse under warm water)
* ½ c fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat 1 tbsp water in a soup pot over medium-high heat. When the water starts to sizzle, add the onions, carrots, & celery, & cook, stirring frequently, for about 8min, adding water as needed.
2. Stir in the mushrooms & garlic, & continue to cook while stirring for 5 min more, adding water as needed.
3. Add the 5c of water, potatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, & paprika, and bring to a boil, uncovered. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the rosemary. Cover and cook for 25-30 min, stirring occasionally, or until the carrots and potatoes are very tender.
4. Add the peas and cook for 5 more min.
5. Place 2c of the stew (broth and vegetables) into a blender, and blend just briefly. Stir the mixture back into the pot to thicken the stew. Stir in the parsley.