Oh haaay. There’s a few new faces here so I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself - my name is Melissa and here are some random facts so you can get to know me better:
1. I’ve been shooting professional portraits and weddings for almost 4 years now and was a travel photographer for like... a million years before! Even this image, it was taken in Dublin! I'll go anywhere my 2 feet and heartbeat will take me
2. My cat Skyline is my heart but she doesn't have her own Instagram, don't worry!
3. I went to school for anthropology, history and museum studies, which lead to me living abroad in both Italy and Peru working on archaeological sites! I came back to Canada in 2014 where I worked for 2 years digging across our beautiful country and I found some pretty amazing artefacts! Let me tell you, uncovering items that was last touched by someone over 500-10000 years ago is just the most exhilarating feeling.
4. Tacos are life. So are margaritas... and cheese... cheese is gouda ... ;) .
5. As you can see, lame jokes. That's kinda my thaaaang
6. Everytime I book a new wedding, I get so excited to call on my team!! I am so fortunate to work with some of the best vendors in the industry
7. While I'm not a professional chef by any means, I do okay in the kitchen and love being creative there! Give me a handful of ingredients and I'll make you something yummy! Art work you can eat? Yes please!
8. I have Cedar Lane Weddings (obviously), but what you didn't know is I am also the Executive Director for a Historical Society! This means I run 2 museums, sit on 3 boards as Chair and do all the historical building inspections and designations for the county. It's pretty crazy and I have to be careful to specifically carve out cuddle time for Skyline and I in my schedule, but I love both my photography and my history worlds too much to pick one or the other.
9. Consider yourselves lucky Instagram doesn't have the GIF feature for comments... yet!
10. I am slowly murdering my houseplants. It's horrible. I need to stop naming them - it just makes it harder!
If you made it this far, well you're just amazing!! Tell me about yourself!