Another great autumny salad to add to your repertoire before the season ends😊 At home, even those who are not big fans of brussels sprouts liked it!! The dressing is key 🤩
#homemaderecipe based on the brussels sprouts, feta and pomegranate salad by @loveandlemons (search for “Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Many Ways” online 😉)
* 1kg Brussels sprouts, halved
* Olive oil
* 1/4 cup tahini
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* 1 garlic clove (I have roasted it, details in the method and obs sections)
* 1tsp maple syrup (the original recipe calls for 1/2tsp but I found I needed up to 1)
* Up to 3 tbsp water
* 1/4 cup feta cheese
* 1/4 cup pomegranates (aprox 1 little pomegranate)
* Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, fan assisted (without fan 220C). 2. Place the brussels sprouts on a baking tray, drizzle some olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place the garlic clove in the tray too.
3. Bake for about 30min until the brussels sprouts are roasted. Check after 20min as if they are small they would probably be done by then.
4. While the brussels sprouts are baking, you can clean the pomegranate (no need to do it in advance) and prepare the dressing (except for the garlic): in a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, water and salt. I added the 3 tbsp of water too to get my preferred consistency. Once the garlic clove is roasted add its flesh to the dressing.
5. In a bowl place the brussels sprouts, the pomegranate, crumble the feta (I do it with my hands :p) and drizzle as much dressing as you want.
✔️The original recipe calls for fresh garlic, but I think that roasting it brings a delicious smokey touch and it is not that strong. Since you are already turning on the oven for the brussels sprouts, you are not wasting energy for just 1 garlic clove.
✔️You can add nuts to this salad too. The original recipe calls for hazelnuts, but you can also use walnuts or almonds which you can roast in the oven. I haven’t used any this time.
✔️You can make the dressing as runny as you want by adding more water.