A while ago a friend asked what the hell I've done to make my hair grow so fast - it's grown over 20 cm the past year. I changed how I treat my hair a year ago -resulted in it growing crazy fast (about 2 cm a month). (For reference - my hair reached to around my shoulders a year ago, now it reaches my waist on my back - it's longer there)
What I do to make it grow fast (hope this helps someone); ● Brush it with a tangle teaser (that type of brush), 3 to 4 times a day.
● Ponytail or braid before bed so it doesn't tangle as much.
●(Important) I wash my hair at maximum every other day, mostly every 3rd. It's not good for hair to be washed too often in strong chemicals, and it actually becomes greasier the more often you wash - you take away the natural oils. The oil production in my hair reduced since I didn't wash it away all the time - and it became less greasy. Last year it became greasy the same day I washed it, now it takes 2 or 3 days.
● No hot tools (straighteners/curlers etc). They damage massively.
● I let my hair airdry always and don't use a hair dryer (cold air ones don't damage like hot air ones do).
● I do dye my hair once month, but I dye it black - no bleach, bleaching is probably the worst thing you can do to your hair.
●Use shampoo & conditioner without sulfates preferably, and ones suitable to your hair. I use colour preserving ones - so I dont have to dye my hair more often because it has faded from black to brown.
●I use conditioner every time, only the tips (otherwise flat hair), and wash it out with ice cold water (makes it shinier).
● Trimming it every 8 weeks; even if it doesn't look frayed; it might be anyway. Fraying makes it harder to grow long since split ends being left split upwards and breaks the hair.
After some time it will show results in your hair being longer, stronger, healthier and more beautiful :) #hair #haircare #haircaretips #hairtips #tipsandtricks #hairideas #hairstyle #hairstyles #hairstyling #tutorial #tutorials #longhair #longerhair #grow #hairtreatment #healthyhair #shinyhair #darkhair #blackhair #dyedhair #tips #advice #beauty #beautytips #beautifulhair #longhaired #hairtutoria