I was tagged by @seejane_make for the 20 random facts. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other people's answers so here goes:
1. I grew up in a small town outside of Ottawa.
2. If i was a boy, my parents would have called me Nelson.
3. I was an only child until my brother came along when I was 10.
4. When he was in day care (2-3 yrs old), I used to pick him up after school and walk him home. On a good day, I could bribe him with cookies from the bakery to walk on his own. On a bad day, it meant I had to carry him home which was on the other side of town.
5. I'm an introvert and perfectly content to work at an activity on my own.
6. I started sewing (with a machine) 2.5 years ago when I quit smoking. It really was the crutch that got me through.
7. At age 8, I started working on a horse farm every Sunday for extra lessons. To this day, I still can't believe my dad was willing to drive me at 7 am every Sunday.
8. Growing up, I rode horses and competed in eventing (kind of like a triathlon). When I left that world, I sold my horse, who I'd had since she was young, to the Canadian team and she went top level.
9. I have a diploma in visual art (painting, sculpture, installation) and a degree in industrial design
10. After art school, I did an installation based on the work of Donald Judd in the back stairwell of a building in the fashion district (Adelaide & Spadina). The opening for my "show" was in the stairwell. 15 yrs later, I can still see my work through a window, still intact and it secretly makes me feel badass.
11. My partner is from Hong Kong and after being together for 14 years, if I go too long without eating chinese food, I really miss it. Also, it feels weird to eat certain foods (like rice) with a fork.
12. My partner and I are about to launch an art project/gallery space in our home.
13. I like to make french toast on the weekends.
Cont'd in the comments....