Good morning! And to all my friends in the U.S., happy thanksgiving! 😃💛 Here is the recipe to these yummy chocolate chip banana muffins that went up on the blog yesterday; link to blog in bio🍁. Makes 6 muffins
Ingredients: • 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup rolled oats
• 1 tsp baking powder • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon • 1 medium banana, mashed (about 1/2 a cup)
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup almond or other nondairy milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Add-ins: 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand) or chocolate chunks, 1/2 banana (sliced to medium thickness), and an optional 1/4 cup crushed almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon) in a medium sized bowl.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients (mashed banana, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract) in a separate bowl.
4. Add wet to dry and stir gently to combine.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks, banana slices, and (optional) crushed almonds.
6. Pour into a muffin tin lined with cupcake cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins are lightly golden. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness.