The pic is that of an ankle sprain from 2015.
In the last 4 years, I've had 3 major injuries. And numerous minor ones. The major ones were a tear in the lateral muscle in the upper back(during a power clean), a ligament tear in the hip(during a deadlift) and a severe tennis elbow in my right hand(doing chin ups) . Looking back, all of them could have been avoided. They were a result of sheer callousness and lack of a proper warm up. Now sometimes fate just wants to screw you over and you get injured. In all other cases, it can be avoided. Things to remember.
1. Never break form. Be aware of when you are breaking form. Unless you are in an actual meet or competition, if your form is breaking, that's not the weight you should be lifting.
2. Never neglect warm-up. I tore my upper back while cleaning a weight 25% of my max,without a warm up.
3. A PR is not worth your spine. Even if you are a professional preparing for a meet. Don't push your PR more than once in 10 weeks.
4. Listen to your body. If parts are hurting, don't push it. Especially if you're in your 30s like me and not on PEs aka gear aka steroids
5.See a doctor. This goes without saying. Listen to the doctor. The latter is key.
6. Take as much time off as required. I cannot stress this enough. Your strength is not going to vanish in two months. And neither will your gains. Maybe you'll be a bit out of shape. Who cares, your health is paramount.
Enjoy lifting. And be injury free!
#liftingwisdom #liftingmotivation #adidaspowerlifting #chucktaylors #dumbbells #strengthtraining #strength #weightroom #weighttraining #liftweights #liftingweights #trainingfacility #powerblocks #doylewvf #getbig #grind #pumpingiron #workhardnot #sweat #fitnessapparel #deadlift #musclegrowtho #traps #doyouevenlift #deadlift #dadforearms