Here's a reality check for those who think next weekend is just a an excuse to party and get a 3 day weekend. Check your heart and thank a vet. Because they went first, you didn't have to.
It's a day to take a moment out of our selfish lives, shed a tear and remember those who didn't make it home and be grateful that it wasn't your dad, or brother, or sister, or mother or son or daughter. Like I said they went first... Repost from #TheNam
Here's some ground rules for next weekend:
1. Don't wish me a Happy Memorial-day. There is nothing happy about brave men and women dying. 2. It's not a holiday. It's a remembrance.
3. If you want to know the true meaning, visit Arlington or your local VA, not freaking Disneyland.
4. Don't tell me how great any one political power is. Tell me about #ChestyPuller, George #Patton, #JohnBasilone, #DakotaMeyer, #KyleCarpenter, #auddiemurphy , #MitchellPaige, #IraHayes, #ChrisKyle , #JasonLeeDunham, and any other #heroes too numerous to name. Attend a Bell Ceremony and shed some tears.
5. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have carried the burden all too many times for my warriors who now stand their post for God.
6. Say a prayer... and then another.
7. Remember the Fallen for all the Good they did while they were here.
8. Reach out and let a Vet know you're there, we're losing too many in "peace".