Omakase is one of my favorite ways to dine. Just sit down, relax, and let the chef take care of you. 😌
At the newly opened Yamada Chikara in Midtown East, we were treated to a special Japanese Kushiage Omakase featuring deep fried skewers of vegetables, meats, and seafood.
Chef Chikara Yamada trained for several years at El Bulli in Spain, so there are some slight Spanish influences as well as other flavors from around the world featured in his cooking. 👌🏻
Check out the slideshow for some highlights of the 15+ course omakase. More in IG stories!
1. Gorgonzola w/ apple & honey
2. Chicken meatball w/ egg yolk
3. Quail egg w/ truffle
5. Black cod w/ Japanese parsley & nori
6. Steamed egg custard (chawanmushi)
7. Sea urchin w/ nori & buckwheat powder
8. Chirashi sushi box
9. Dessert - hojicha tiramisu, green tea parfait, blancmange w/ red bean strawberry
10. Interior at Yamada Chikara
Geotag doesn’t work for me, but the address is 249 E 49th St. 🍢