Well after much contemplation, I have officially decided to push forward with Valerie. Now making this decision, I suppose there's a good chance I'll be taking this ride to the grave lol.
Anyways, there are two interim options. First option, replace only the electronics to get it back up and running. Or second option, the one I'm leaning towards. Is to v8 swap it.
The plan is to get a salvaged 06-10 explorer from an auction. That's if I do the v8 swap. If not, just a local junkyard as the computers are fairly easy to get to.
I want to thank everyone for all their input and support. It appears this truck means a lot to the community, and obviously it's important to me as well. I can't say exactly when it'll be road ready. But it has my full attention now that I have made an decision.
The decision came based off of financial reasons and the love of the sport, as well as the sentimental value with the truck.
If I was to buy a bigger vehicle, I would just spend more money filling it up. If I was to transfer only all my equipment, and do a new wall. I would still have downttime with the build, and then there is still cost there.
At the moment, it will cost between $500 and $2000 to get Valerie back up and running. I have some of that now, so basically my thought was. Spend up to $2,000 to repair the current build, vs spending $2,000 just to get started on another.
DioguardoEngineering #USAlternators #ToolMaker #BassByRay #SHTNONM #RanchoSuspension #KrazeWheels #PowerstopBrakes #ShowOutMotorMeet #UnifiedCustoms #DSSAudio #JYPower #CKBDesigns