Day 20: Zerowaste Pets
My name is Luna and I'm a 9 week old rescue!
Due to the above my 30 day challenge may be a little delayed! This little nugget has been taking up all my energy 🐶😍
So today I wanted to talk about green pets! Having a puppy for 2 days definitely does not qualify you in being an expert in zerowaste pets, so suggestions are completely encouraged!
First off, always look into rescue first! Stay away from this puppy mills! We walked so many different ages and breeds! All in need of loving homes! And finally stumbled upon this love bug, who came from an overcrowded facility.
What I got secondhand:
1. The crate
2. The baby gate (for stairs)
3. Play pen
4. an old rug to shield my current rug from pee!
5. Puppy pads
6. Raw hides
7. A collar
8. A leash and halter.
My bf's family and mine are bad ass with helping out. Talk about saving 🤑
What I bought new:
1. Puppy food, once we are able to transition her food, we will switch to #earthborn since it's accepted by #terracycle.
2. puppy training treats
3. Dog tag
4. Food/water bowls (stainless steel/ceramic)
5. Compostable poop bags (#earthrated)
6. Toys! I bought a #kong and we had some toys gifted to us.
7. And now she has fleas 😫 so I'm heading to the store to get #wondercide flea/tick repellent and shampoo. Treatment ideas?
What I already had:
1. my old college towels for the crate, to help cover my rug, and bathing.
2. Fabric scraps I used to stuff an existing pillowcase for a bed!
3. Old t shirts, too ragged to donate, which I made into toys.
4. Vinegar to clean up house messes, so as not to continue marking.
How green is your pet??