💪🏼💪🏾💪🏿SHOULDER STAND TUTORIAL💪🏿💪🏾💪🏼 Shoulder stand (Sarvangasana) is a great pose for increasing core strength, spinal flexibility, hamstring and gluteal flexibility, and general dynamic movement. There are so many variations and modifications that make this pose accessible to everyone, in some form. This tutorial shows you ways to use this pose to create a sequence that works on all of the areas mentioned above.
1. Push your belly button to your thighs as you stretch forward, lengthening your hamstrings and awakening your core.
2. Slowly lower your spine to the floor, feeling each vertebra touch the floor until your shoulders touch.
3. Lift your feet (bend knees if back arches off the floor) until you feel the stretch through your hamstrings and glutes. This is your first option, and can be where you leave the sequence for now, doing as many reps as you can.
4. Flow through the sequence again, this time lifting your hips off the floor slightly, using your core and pressing lightly on your outstretched hands. Your feet can take travel as far over your head as is comfortable, feeling the release in your spine and hamstrings.
5. If you want a bit more, try touching your feet to the ground over your head.
6. Pick your hips high, supporting your back with your hands. Play around with the position of your legs (e.g. straight up, split over head, bent knees, soles of feet touching, whatever feels good) in your shoulder stand, and repeat as many times as you can.
Contact me with any questions, or come along to class to get the hands on teaching approach.
Tuesday and Thursday
Hatha Yoga 6pm
Power Yoga 7pm
241 Hay Street Subiaco
#yoga #perthyoga #perthfitness #fitness #fitnessclass #yogaclass #perthyogaclass #yogateacher #perthyogateacher #mobility #perthfitfam #activeinperth #perthfitlife #subiacoyoga #shoulderstand #sarvangasana #yogatutorial #tutorial #yogaeverydamnday #kokoro #kokoror #kokorormovement #yogafit #yogafitness