My kids are a bit fussy when it comes to their veg, NO GREENS for them please. Sigh! One thing I can be sure they will eat are carrots, and of every colour, they come in. I've been testing recipes for our Christmas feast, and this one will go down a treat. You can see how I prepped it on my stories later. We choose organic as we want the very best tasting veg for our kids and guests to enjoy, with the added benefit of fewer pesticides and not being GMO
RECIPE: Honey & thyme heirloom carrots
Serves 4 as a side dish
Ingredients * A bunch of organic heirloom carrots in a variety of colours * 3 tsp runny honey * a knob of salted butter * fresh thyme * salt and pepper to season
1. cut the leafy part off of the carrots, leaving a small amount of stalk as seen here (for a pretty look)
2. gently wash clean, taking care not to scrub the delicate skins off
3. place into salted boiling water and boil for 4 minutes, until tender but with a bite.
4. whilst boiling add a knob of butter to the water and 2 tsp of runny honey
5. once cooked, drain. Add more honey and butter. Gently stir till coated.
6. arrange on your serving plate and scatter fresh thyme leaves over.
7. serve immediately.
#feedyourhappy #OrganicChristmas #Ad @organicuk