anytime near that time of the month, us, acne-prone girls, are always most vulnerable to zits. Battling acne is a constant on & off thing, and when things start to go bad, this is the routine I go for (since this involves masking, I dont recommend doing it everyday & best for night time routine). .
1) start off with double cleansing to remove every dirt (sunscreen included). my current favorite oil cleanser is the @tatcha camellia oil (from @alternativebeautyid) . It really does remove every last trace of makeup including waterproof mascara (I will go into details with this some other time...) .
2) 2nd cleanser is the @drjart ctrl A cleanser. Balanced PH & good acne fighting stuff for your clean slate. .
3) apply the @kiehlsid rare earth mud mask to deep cleanse pores & dry some full blown pimples along the way. Rinse well.
4) 2nd mask : @kiehlsid calendula aloe mask to hydrate that purified skin. This stuff is really soothing especially if u can fridge it first, wash off.
5) tone with #benton aloe BHA (from @gineeup) to hydrate and clarify at the same time.
6) at this stage, I sometimes use 3 drops of Sunday Riley UFO when I feel I need an extra boost of acne fighting ingredients. But most times, I just skip directly to my 3rd mask, which is the @laneigeid water sleeping mask (from @gineeup) to lock in all that good hydration & moisture.
Do note that even the oiliest skin needs oil & hydration. Going oil free will not prevent you from breaking out. Instead, look for gel-based hydrating products that will help your sebum levels to balance out. When your skin is moisturizer , it wont have the tendency to produce excess oil that can cause breakouts. some products here are a repeat of old faves in which you can read detailed reviews on #mkoesnadirecommends .