It's my 6 month #ketoversary ! My TOP 5 Keto Tips below! LONG POST: In April, I was 255lbs, sluggish all the time and in a cycle of losing & gaining the same 10lbs. "Powering" my study sessions for grad school with M&M's which are 70% sugar and needing a daily nap 🤦🏾🤦🏾so many educated bad decisions but I have to thank @fit_thick_chronicles even tho I had previous success losing 80lbs but was currently fat again, she would still message me for advice and tips for low carb weightloss. I even suggested she start an IG to track herself and be accountable. Once she had success losing 40+lbs, I was like hold my beer! So thankful for my #ketofam and #accountabilitypartners who kept me on track for these 6 months! Can't wait to see the progress and changes another 6 months will bring!
I ❤❤❤ keto because it's all my fav foods - burgers, beanless chili, bacon, fried wings, cheese, pecans, chocolate, raspberries, Chipotle salad, Cobb salad, ice cream, strawberries and low carb wine!
Top 5 Keto Tips
1. Sometimes less is more! I try to start the month with ONE goal to focus and commit to, like a #nosugaradded month or hitting the gym 3x/week.
2. Definitely research and try out intermittent fasting! I read everything by Dr. Jason Fung and it has been great for fat loss.
3. There are low carb wine options! You dont have to cheat on keto for social outings. Whenever there's a happy hour, I choose a Merlot, Pinot Grigio and Carbernet Sauvignon. My fav brand, Cavit Wines is 4 carbs for a 750 ml bottle.
4. Make sure to research sweeteners and their glycemic effects, I didn't know Maltodextrin was equivalent to glucose and it's in every thing even zero carb options like flavored pork rinds.
5. Find easy low carb recipes for the meals or snacks that would derail you on keto. For instance, I used to love Reese's cups, now I make amazing stevia sweetened dark chocolate salted almond butter cups and top with sugarfree whipped cream! It only takes a microwave and 10 minutes and it has kept me on track for those chocolate craving moments.
Thanks for reading my life! #KetoOn #keto #lchf #lowcarb #fat2fit #fatloss #lowcarbweightloss #bodybybacon #fatforfuel #lowcarblifestyle