My breakfast has to be something that is super easy, nutrition and something that is grab-n-go! 🙌🏼
Keeping it simple and quick ensures I stay on plan!! And I’ve got to do everything I can to make this easy!! .
The easier my meal plan is, the easier it is to stick to! .
Here’s the recipe I use, but you can make your own healthy breakfast egg muffin cups with whatever veggies you have in your fridge. They're easy to make & perfect for reheating throughout the week!
1 tablespoon olive oil.
1 medium onion finely chopped.
3 cloves garlic minced.
8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced.
½ pound hot chicken sausage or sweet if preferred.
3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped.
2 cups chopped kale.
8 ounces feta cheese crumbled.
Pam cooking spray.
12- cup muffin pan.
1 1/2 cups egg substitute or 6 eggs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add olive oil, then saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
3, Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Then add chicken sausage, and cook 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Break the sausage up into small pieces. Add sun-dried tomatoes and incorporate fully.
5. Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
6. Turn off heat then stir in feta.
7. Spray muffin pan, then add ingredients evenly to each muffin cup.
8. Pour equal amount of egg into each cup, filling to just below the rim.
Bake until the eggs have set, about 25-30 minutes.