Day 2: #kakschaiftarmenu
For our Iftar Dessert, I baked Pavlova! 😄 I love how colourful it looks with all the berries on top! 🍓🍒 Thank you very much auntie Ellie @mamayayakimi for sharing the recipe with me! Now I will share the recipe with you!
For the meringue:
4 large free-range egg whites
1 cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vinegar mixed with 1 tsp cornflour
For the filling:
400ml/14fl oz double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
Drizzle of Passion Fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Place a 25cm/10in dinner plate on a sheet of baking parchment and draw around it. Turn the paper over, and set to one side.
2. Put the egg whites in a large, clean bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until stiff but not dry. They are ready when you can turn the bowl upside down without the eggs sliding out.
3. Gradually whisk in the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking for a few seconds between each addition. Adding the sugar slowly helps to build up volume in the meringue and make it stiff and shiny. Finally, whisk in the vanilla extract and cornflour vinegar mixture until well combined.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and draw a circle onto it.
5. Spoon the meringue into the circle and shape with the back of a serving spoon or rubber spatula to create a large meringue nest, with soft peaks rising on all sides. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 1 hour until very lightly coloured and crisp on the outside. (If the meringue seems to be becoming too brown, reduce the temperature of the oven). Leave in the oven for a couple of minutes with the oven door opened slightly.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
7. Carefully release the meringue from the baking parchment, using a spatula if necessary, and place onto a large serving plate.
8. Whip the cream until soft peaks form and pipe into the centre of the meringue. Top with the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries, Cut the passion fruit and scrape the pulp over.
9. The pavlova is ready to serve! 😉