We'd like to invite our members to submit your images to the March UCT PhotoSoc photographic competition. This month's theme is Painting with Light.
How to Enter:
Please upload your images to the PhotoSoc Facebook page or the Flickr group and include your name, which competition, and which categories you are submitting to. Please upload newly captured images, or at least ones not previously uploaded. Only one image per category, and one category per image will be accepted as a submission. We're also encouraging the Comm members to post for motivation and inspiration (but they can't enter the competition, don't worry).
- Painting with Light
- Painting with Fire
- Light Painting Open Category
The winner of each of the 3 categories will have their winning images professionally printed in A3 format, thanks to the generous sponsorship from Orms. #iprintwithorms
Spools of film, Orms vouchers and other photographic related goodies will also be up for grabs. The spot prize will be awarded to: - Most Versatile Photographer (best 3 submissions)
- Contestants can only submit up to 3 images for the competition, one in each category (above)
- Images must be taken within a single exposure - no composites or extreme photo manipulations allowed. (Finalists will be requested to send in an unedited original to be considered)
- Submissions will be accepted until midnight on the 31st of March.
- Winners will be announced within the first week of April.
Get shooting and get posting!
(Please note that monthly competitions such as these are limited to photosoc members only, so sign up for Photosoc at Steve Biko and get access to all things photography, we're always excited to get new members!)