All your pie dreams have just come true in this magnificent CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE by: @recipe_tin via: @ideastasty delicious!
25 Oreo biscuits, whole with filling in tact (244g / 8.5 oz)
5tbsp/ 60g butter, melted
1/4 cup cornflour / cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
2 cups milk (whole or reduced fat, not zero fat)
1 cup cream (pouring or thickened/heavy), or sub with milk
4 egg yolks, beaten
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g/ 5 oz dark 70% cocoa or bittersweet chocolate, broken or chopped
75g/ 3 oz milk chocolate (if not buttons, chop or break into pieces)
1 1/2 cups thickened / heavy cream for whipping + 2 tbsp sugar + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate for shaving
1. Blitz Oreos or place in ziplock bag and bash with rolling pin until fine crumbs. Add butter, mix, pour into 9”/23cm pie dish. Press into base and sides. Bake 15 min @ 180C/350F, then cool.
2. Place cornflour, sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Whisk. Add milk, cream, yolks, whisk to combine. Turn stove onto medium low and heat, stirring occasionally. After 3 – 4 minutes, you’ll notice it starts to thicken (see video), then whisk constantly.
3. As soon as you see bubbles, whisk for 45 seconds, then take off heat and whisk for 1 minute. Add butter and chocolate, whisk until chocolate melts and custard is smooth.
4. Pour into pie crust, cover with round piece of baking/parchment paper, refrigerate 12+ hrs.
5. Whip cream, sugar and vanilla, spread onto pie. Either use a knife or grater to make chocolate shavings and sprinkle over top. Serve! (Keeps great for 2 days, on day 3 base softens slightly).
Enjoy! (#food #foodporn #foodgasm #tasty #foodie #amazing #delish #cooking #yum #instafood #hungry #cleaneating #foodstagram #healthyfood)