Not my dinner -
When I had a house full of kids and different meal times and one dinner ran into another’s snack time, I had to always have food handy. Different kinds of pasta, noodles, rices, and curries were made a few days at a time so hunger didn’t have to wait.
During this course, I adapted our palates to making some mainstream American fare also Indian. Pasta was and is always a favorite. My little one has a desi tongue and so when I do make pasta I tend to add some spices. I hope to God no Italian is reading this. 😐🙈 .
In any case, this is liked by all and it caters well so here we go. (Not hugely original, I know many a desi woman here has her version of this) .
1. Sauté onion, garlic and some cumin seeds once the oil gets hot (sauté mode)
2. Add whatever vegetables you usually add. (If u want it all done one shot if not, skip this)
3. Add your dry pasta. (Start with 1 cup)
4. Add equal quantity of water.
5. Add equal quantity of pasta sauce.
6. Add salt and SAMBAR POWDER
7. Mix well.
8. Manual mode 6 minutes high pressure on sealing
9. Once it’s done, adjust sauce accordingly.
11. OR you can add some roasted vegetables on the top and serve with some bread or soup or salad. .
Easy weeknight dinner right? ;) I do some variations with this every now and then with different spices and even with a little heavy cream etc. have you made something like this? .
#Dinner #todaysfood #rotini #pasta #indoitalian #spicypasta #pasta #instantpotrecipes #quickdinner #dinnerideas #lunchboxideas #wholefood #reggano #simplefood #dcblogger #dashofdarling #saveurmag #browngirlmag #vafoodies #districteats #dcfoodporn #desifood #beautifulcuisine #worldfoods #foodsoftheworld