@2a4ca - *** Please Share ***
Confused about what anti 2A laws are going into effect and when? You are not alone. Here is a rundown of what ammo restrictions are coming to the state of California because of SB 1235 (signed by Gov. Brown in July 2016) and Proposition 63 (passed by voters Nov. 2016). All the information below is true to the best of my knowledge, but if you spot something you have a question on, or think is wrong please let me know. For an actual firearm attorney’s view these matters please make sure to follow @CalGunLawyers.
-------- Commencing January 1, 2018, these things will become illegal -----------
- Buying ammo online and having it shipped to you.
- Bringing ammo into CA without it going to an authorized dealer first.
- Selling ammunition without being a CA licensed ammo vendor.
- Having someone buy ammo for you (ammo straw purchase).
- Selling ammo to someone you believe is buying for someone else (ammo straw purchase).
- Selling ammo to someone that you believe is prohibited from having it.
. . .
. . .
--------- Commencing July 1, 2019 -------------
(From DOJ’s info bulletin # 2016-BOF-02)
- Background checks to buy ammo
- Ammo “per transaction” transfer fee kicks in
- Log all ammo sales into DOJ database (Ammunition Purchase Records File) including your full name, driver’s lic #, signature, residential address, etc.
Some of the items that we have talked about in SB 1235 have been tossed because of conflicts with Prop 63. One was permits to be able to buy ammo. Instead of the permits which would have been good for a time period similar to the Firearm Safety Certificates, a background check will have to be done each time you buy ammo in CA starting in July 2019.
#2A4CA #hashtagtical #AssaultIsAnActionNotAnObject #MyGunHasNeverAssaultedAnyone #IGMilitia #IGMilitiaCA #TakeBackCA #BehindEnemyLines #California #2A #RightToBearArms #Kalifornia #CaliforniaProblems #kalifornistan #shallnotbeinfringed #CALegal #prop63 #sb1235