I can run 21km without needing water and my recent half marathon had multiple water stations..... But I STILL took a hydration pack!!
I regret NOTHING!!!
When I first started, I always wondered why people decided to have the additional weight of a hydration pack?
Now I know why!
* I don't pour water all down my self. I used to get more over me than actually in my mouth!!
* I have a sip when ever I need. Drinking before I'm thirsty and maintaining hydration.
* Carry my own electrolyes, tailwind!
* Not leaving shi*ty plastic cups around!
* The time I save not stopping for a water stop! Epic - Faster races! More PBs
Train with a hydration pack and you'll forget it's there, come race day, your laughing!!