You ever heard that song "This is how we do it" by Montell Jordan? Well this morning him and his wife came and spoke at our Church and it was absolutely amazing. They talked about their rough and rocky past due to his music career and the fame that came with it. They have been married for 23 years and have been through it all, literally. His wife had a horrible background, sexually abused and many more terrible things. He got caught up in his fame and had cheated with his wife's friends. Then they made a complete 180 turn in their marriage. They realized their prioroties were out of line and started putting God first and getting in to the word more. They eventually forgave each other and shared with us a list that saved their marriage.
1) They put God 1st (even above their spouse, they said because that helped allow them to love each other more then they ever could on their own)
2) Putting each other before anyone else.
3) Their kids (they explained how too many parents put their kids above their spouses and how that leads to a damaged relationship!!)
4) Church (get plugged in and serve!)
5) Friends and Family (Dont take them for granted)
6) Job and career (you may think this should be higher up but they gave examples of people on their death bed who never said once that they wished they would have worked more)
7) Time for themselves such as hobbies, gym, alone time, etc.
This couple was amazing! Genuine and down to earth and had incredible love for each other but most had an incredible relationship with God. I really do look up to them! True #rollmodels
Regardless of what had all happened in the past they now have an incredible marriage. They said they never even put divorce as an option on the table and here they are today speaking around the USA in churches sharing their incredible story. This took sometime to write, I hope you guys spent time reading it. STAY STRONG!!!!
@aesthetic.assembly shirt discount code: DAVY15 (The texture of their clothes is absolutely amazing)
@barbellapparel jeans discount code: DAVY10